Saturday, November 13, 2010

Painting Sheep

This is about a sheep whose picture I painted, not to be confused with Painted Sheep, a breed of sheep.

Remember that Ram I told you about earlier?... Click Here if you missed it... Well we did have some good pictures of him, and I am a painter - well at least I paint, not so much a "famous artist" or anything of the sort.

I loved the texture of his horns, and his hair, this is in the fall and he has grown a thick main, the angle is so strange it was perfect to paint.  I did the painting in acrylic paints, they dry faster than oils and have no smell.

This is a detail (part of) of the finish painting - of course you can see the background is changed to make it more dramatic from the rather boring pasture.  I also opened his eye somewhat.  I am rather happy with how his horns turned out and the hair as well - remember this is a hair sheep, a Barbado, which is not a woolly sheep - many mistake them for goats.  I really should take a better picture though.

I own the copyright for both images, they are not for reproduction.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job. I am also an escapee to the rural life. I'm a cartoonist of the life. Please visit me at www.barnyardofthetragicallyhip.blogspot.com

    ciao!

    Shelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!

    Thanks for sharing these & very well explain post. Some thing new to learn from this helpful post.

    man and van London

    ReplyDelete